July 13, 2008
Yet Another App Store Post
More notes on the App Store.
- Several apps based on Web services with user account required.
- Facilitate account creation? (OpenID-like, or “business card”)
- Some apps send user to webpage for account creation.
- Captcha during account creation, sometimes with Flash-based audio option.
- Location-based (geo- features): keep having to allow, no setting on imprecision.
- Audio-in required in Shazam
- Not spelled out that Pandora Radio doesn’t work outside United States
- Sync Facebook events?
- App installation stops audio?
- AOL Radio glitching at normal volume?
- Molecules a bit kludgy
- No demos????
- Bunch of “standalone web apps” (not that innovative).
- Crashes occasionally
- No Montreal in UrbanSpoon? (Because of fear of language, it seems)
- No Canada in ZipCodes
- “Waadt” for “Vaud” in ZIPCodes
- SMS required in Loopt
- Accents on Facebook
- Text entry
- Contacts and calendar integration (e.g. Facebook)
- Wireless sync
- Presentation remote
- Brewing software
- Obvious features and support (copy-paste, Flash, Background)
Paid Apps I’d Really Like to Try
Requirements Leaving ‘Touch in the Cold
- Audio input
My Subjective Assessment of Some Free Apps