Is it just me or is there an increased presence of librarians on the blogosphere, these days? Not just as authors but as subjects.
- Librarian Michael Gorman’s blog entries are followed by Danah Boyd’s response.
- Over at The Chronicle of Higher Education (the college-focused equivalent of the NYT), Brock Read blogs about Thomas Mann’s on an apparently simplistic dichotomy based on human librarians and online resources.
- Radio Open Source did shows on libraries and classification systems, among other librarian-friendly topics.
- Reference librarian and fellow Concordian Olivier Charbonneau has been blogging (in French) actively about online copyright.
- Even I have been mentioning librarians right here on my main blog.
I know the connection between libraries and blogging is pretty obvious and information scientists are as blogworthy as anyone can get. So it’s probably just that I notice librarian blogging more, these days. Thing is, on the Web, perception is worth a lot, however accurate it may be.