Got many things to blog about. Been keeping some links in my “toBlog” folders. Without going all David Allen on this, it might be a good idea for me to put them out there, even if it means coming back to them.
- From the Science Talk podcast:
- Polemic: five proposals for a medical school admission policy — Cowley 32 (8): 491 — Journal of Medical Ethics
- What is, in fact, a good doctor? Someone who can treat you or someone who can treat and understand human beings? IMVHO, some medical students and even some doctors are just too arrogant to really help people.
- From the Anthropik podcast:
- Yu Koyo Peya
- Some interesting ideas: thinking outside of the limits of “civilization.”
- Needs discussion (imprecise notion of “tribe,” romanticization of foragers, Deep Forest’s reappropriation, moralistic and manichean perspective, U.S. orientation, Jared Diamond…).
- From Roderic Knight through the SEM-L mailing-list:
- Mande Music and Dance DVD Consumer Version – LYRDV-2001
- Mande Music and Dance DVD With Public Performance Rights – LYRDV-2001P
- Valuable recordings, interesting distribution method.
- From Anthony McCann through the SEM-L mailing-list:
- Wired News: Music Makes Your Brain Happy
- McGill professor Daniel Levitin.
- NPR interview.
- Music cognition in Montreal, cognition and culture, cultural awareness, music “universals,” memory…
- From the CEFES podcast at Université de Montréal:
- Marie-Françoise Legendre et l’approche par compétences
- Parler beaucoup, dire peu.
- Alexander McCall Smith‘s von Igelfeld would be proud.
Got other things from earlier this month. Thought about this format of some entries on the nightingaleshiraz blog.
2 thoughts on “Late August Quickies”
Good idea. Will do so after getting more insight into Anthropik itself. My comments were just quick thoughts about the movie (from an anthropological perspective).
Hi, thanks for the link to our podcast! I’m not sure what precisely your notes indicate, but might I suggest leaving us an Odeo? We’d love to address your concerns on the show.